Saturday, December 20, 2008

5 Days Before Christmas

I'm having a hard time blogging right now. Several times I have sat down at the computer but nothing comes.
The new hardwood floor is in and it looks beautiful! I do want the installers to come back, though, and smooth a couple of places. My Wonderful Neighbor/Friend came over this morning and helped me decorate for Christmas. It feels very different this year even though we used the same decorations.
My daughter Lawyer Girl has a hard time whenever I blog about her father. I feel badly about continuing to do so, but I have absolutely no other outlet. He continues to rally after low spells. It is so hard on everyone but admirable too. I don't know what to think or what to pray. "Thy will be done" fits for me, but seems kind of inappropriate too for him... My past experience with the deaths of my parents tells me that people stay until they finish up whatever they need to finish. But gosh, it is so hard to go through even at this removed distance. I have found myself being very thankful for his life in the past week or so and for his dedication to his kids who, of course, are also my kids.
Well, it is off to an Open House at a dear British friend's house.

No comments: