Friday, September 4, 2009

With only one wing

Here is a quotation that I lifted from MB. It describes my view of life perfectly.

"We are, each of us, angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by embracing one another."
Luciano de Crescenzo

It is on the days when I feel most alone that I am grounded in the muck. The days that I embrace my situation and those around me are the days I can fly. Being a caregiver often seems very isolating, even isolating me from the beloved for whom I caring. I fight self-pity at times, and become critical of him. I long for the responsibility to be lifted yet I know that I would be devastated should that happen. Today I want a miracle so that he will be restored to the vigor of the man I married. Today I will embrace him as he is and be grateful for the days we have together. We fly together.