Sunday, September 14, 2008

Birthday etc.

Well, Hurricane Ike has come and gone. Roger and his family were told to stay put in their house outside of Houston. They boarded up windows, had the kids sleep downstairs while Roger and Sheila were awake all night. They lost 4 trees, with 2 of them falling on the house but not doing any major damage to the upstairs. Now they are hot and doing without power, but overall are doing well. Thanks be to God.

Tomorrow is a milestone birthday for me. It is my "I qualify for Social Security" birthday, so they had better play nice with me at work this year! We are going out for dinner tomorrow night; it started out with just Tex and me, then I invited my friend S., then my son's family cancelled out on today, so are also joining us for dinner tomorrow night. This quiet little birthday celebration is getting bigger!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - if only Virgos were allowed to run the world...
love ya!!

Identity Mixed said...

Happy Social Security birthday! :)

Mary Beth said...

Oh, Happy Birthday! Yeah for you!