Tuesday, June 9, 2009

This and That

There has been too much going on at the R&R Ranch to sit down and blog about it. One important event has been Tex's (and his twin brother's) 75th birthdays. Bird Girl organized a nice family celebration at Celebration where brothers and sisters, and "their cousins and aunts" gathered to wish the birthday boys well. Tex was touched by all the fuss. Then we got to watch the Middle Grandson play in a tennis tournament the next morning!

Right before the party, I went to the funeral of a young man who was a close friend of my children. I had just seen him two weeks earlier. Please pray for him, Ted, and his wife, Rachel, and children Cameron, 4 and Gabby, 2. I saw all the now mid 30year old adults who used to come in and out of my house when they were teenagers. They have grown up so well, now with families of their own. I thank God for all the help He gave us as they were growing up; we sure did something right.

Tex and I had gone to New Braunfels for my annual contract conference, visiting with Lawyer Girl and her fella, for a night on the way. Even stopped at my favorite clothing store's outlet for a few bargains. Tex did really well and we had a good break from our regular routine.

Choir is out for the summer but not before we did a gorgeous piece of Mozart that warmed my heart and toes! There is something so grand and full of worship about his Masses!

No comments: