Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Loving and Lovely Intervention

Last week at church two friends noticed that I was a little ragged behind the eyes, and asked me how long it had been since I had taken even a brief break from caregiving. I realized that the answer was over seven months! No wonder I was feeling grumpy! So they performed the most wonderful, caring intervention on Wednesday morning, complete with frittata and homemade scones and homemade jam, strongly suggesting that I needed a break. The food was yummy and the caring oh so lovely! I did call Tex's daughter Bird Girl who agreed to take him for a weekend. I am going to a hotel and just vegging! What a lovely prospect. Then I am hopefully giong to see Dryheat Dan and Irish Ani for a few days, where it is even cooler than our usual July 103. With the prospects of a few days off here and there, Tex has a much more even-tempered Socialworker. Sometimes the caregiver needs care.

No comments: