Sunday, August 23, 2009

Contentment as the Season Changes.

Contentment is floating outside in the pool, looking at the shades of green in the trees that surround the pool. It is that wonderful time of year when it has started to cool off just a bit, and the leaves are not yet falling by the hundreds of thousands into said pool. Looking at the patterns on sunlight on the leaves while floating in my Cleopatra Queen of the Nile seat is almost guaranteed to bring peace to the soul. All I could think about was thanking God for his gift of creation. It was almost too beautiful!

Tomorrow brings the busyness of a new semester although I don't actually teach until Wednesday morning. It has been a slowed-down summer with visits from and to family, and relatively good health for Tex. The Little Cowpoke starts his journey into Kindergarten tomorrow, a big step for him. In three more weeks I will start my new baby-sitting gig on Mondays in East Dallas, in which I will enjoy snuggling, and changing diapers for the baby with the cutest cheeks ever, also known as the Baby Celtic Cowpoke. (His name is Spanish for Celt!) I do love being a Nonna.

No comments: