Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Adios, mi Compadre

It seems like a long time since I have updated this blog. Once we got back from the cruise, it took over a week to get through the profound fatigue that I had absorbed from the trip. It was a great trip, nice to know that we can travel that way, but I really need an extra person along so that I can get away for a few minutes.

Then it seemed that we were into the world where we lost our Compadre, the father of the Beautiful Daughter-in-law. He was diagnosed two months ago with liver cancer, had surgery which failed, then went into hospice, and died this Monday. Yesterday, I went down to the Spanish-speaking rosary which was held for him. It was a beautiful service, very moving, which from my poor translation, seemed to be asking Mary, the Mother of Jesus, to care for her son JP. Let Light Perpetual shine upon him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May he rest in eternal peace. Glad you caught up on your rest also.