Thursday, May 8, 2008

It is a week of downs and ups

Lots of frustration gong on in my head today. I had just gotten the carpets steam cleaned and two hours later the Texan spilled urine in the center of the living room! Then, last night, he made two more spills in the living room. I know that closing the urine bag consistently is hard for him - doing anything consistently is hard - but he usually gives me a day or two to enjoy a clean rug. Then I had my pre-op appointment for cataract surgery yesterday, only to get there and have them tell me the doctor was called away, but they were sure they had called me to reschedule. (No, they had not) and they would be glad to see me Friday, when I had to reschedule another appointment in order to get to the pre-op. Nothing really bad, I know, but lots of pinprick frustrations to put a damper on my day. It could be worse, and has been worse, but I vastly prefer days that run according to plan. Ok. God what is in store for today? Grading finals and working on the new contract, I know.

Lawyer Girl is coming in on Saturday morning to celebrate Mother's Day. Hurrah! She will only be here for the day and has to go back to Austin that evening, but I really appreciate the gesture. I made us appointments for a massage at Coldwater Creek Spa, way overpriced but decadently luxurious. It is so special to have time with my girl!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Oh, gads. So sorry about those frustrations. But Glad for the massage and the daughter visit.

Happy Mother's Day!