Saturday, May 17, 2008

What Goes Around...

My eye surgery went well; no more cataract haze, and I can actually see distances well from the eye. Hooray! It does seem as though the distance vision varies at times, but maybe that is just a normal phenomenon. I'll talk to the doctor about it on Wednesday.

This has been a pleasant week at work. It is in between semesters, so not a lot of folks around. I have been able to catch up on detail stuff left undone during the end of the semester rush. I even have my part of the new contract done and submitted to my boss who will put the finishing touches on the contract draft and send it into Austin. She and I had both worked at CPS for many years, then I came to The University, and she came a year later. While at CPS, I was in a much higher position than hers; I was very highly regarded by (most) of my peers, managers, and community agency people as one of the best direct service managers. She was in a subordinate support position. Years later, at The University, she is in a faculty tenure track position and I am in a professional staff position. She is outstanding at managing grants - much better than I. And I am grateful for her skills and support. She is clearly in her niche, and I struggle to handle my parts of writing the contract. Funny, how God leads us to the right place for each of us, and allows us to appreciate each other's strengths.

Lots of social events too this week - Enjoyed a dinner with other social workers and the NASW director in Denton; dinner with Bud, Beautiful DIL, and Little Cowpoke last night. Now I am off to a nice brunch! Whoo hoo, as we say in Texas!

No comments: