Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Virtual Retreat Questions

In participating in the Virtual Advent Retreat on the REVGALPALS blog, MB asks the following questions:

Imagine beginning each day with the prayer "let it be with me according to your word." How might such a prayer alter the rhythm of your days? If I actually prayed this? That is a scary thought. What would God want from me? What would I have to give up? What would I gain? These are not very spiritual questions, are they? I'll try it right now...No zappers yet, just a reminder to get up and fix Tex some dinner.

After Mary hears the news from the angel, she goes to be with Elizabeth, an older cousin. Can you think of other women who have mentored or sheltered you? Oh my mother Mickie, my wonderful nurturer, cheerleader, and best friend of my life. I think of her every day, thankful thoughts, direct questions to her, and comments to her. One of the joys of getting older is that I am getting closer to seeing her again. Also, my dear friend Judy who went through the days of divorce and raising young children, mentors at CPS who taught me to care for other people while taking care of myself, and lately, my dear friend Sharrond, who walks with me through Tex's illness. My daughter and daughter-in-law whose beauty and strength inspire me.

What is God calling you to give birth to in this advent season? Love and prayer for the Ex? I found a beautiful prayer in the Prayer Book funeral service, which I say numerous times a day as the Ex gets weaker and closer to death: "Receive him, Lord, into your arms of mercy." Other births to be awaited as this Season of Advent progresses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you want to go and play on friday!!