Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Long Time, No Write

It has been a while since I have written on this blog. No good reason, really; just that I have been pondering things in my mind without wanting to commit myself to writing things out. My friend MB "tagged" me into writing. The nearest book was a mystery by J.A. Jance, "Dead Wrong." The first 3 sentences on page 123 are: " There are 24 shots per camera. Only 16 of them have been exposed. Casey lifted plenty of prints." Yeesh! I didn't realize that she wrote so poorly. Maybe I had better upgrade my reading level!

The Texan and I celebrated 18 years of marriage on Sunday. They have been years of love and a lot of happiness. I wouldn't part with any of them, even the ones where he was so very ill. The lessons I have learned from the difficult years have been valuable ones, too. We are happy together, yet I still feel confined by his depending on me and most especially, by so seldom having any "alone" time in my house. His always wanting to be with me has been an ongoing problem in our marriage, and I suspect that it will continue to be. I know that he misses his independence, and I do too. I know that I am fortunate to have him at all - but, oh God, is it too much to wish he had somewhere to go without me one day a week?

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

:) Thanks for playing!

Thanks for your honesty, too. I continue to be surprised that marriage gets harder rather than easier as I go along. I appreciate knowing it's not just me.