Monday, February 25, 2008

Things that Change

I am taking the afternoon off so I don't need to feel guilty blogging in the middle of the day! Here is the results of the Bible Quiz I took, she said arrogantly:

"You are a true Biblical scholar, not just a hearer but a personal reader! The books, the characters, the events, the verses - you know it all! You are fantastic! " http://www.gotoquiz.com/ultimate_bible_quiz"
Oh, yeah! I am so NOT a Biblical scholar! But it is fun to take these little quizzes.

I went to the "Everything Must Change" conference in Dallas this weekend. It was very interesting to be with so many evangelical Christians who share my concern for social justice issues. I guess I have been party to the notion that all evangelicals care ab out it abortion and homosexuality. (Still do not like the music, which was guitar, keyboard, violin, and drums.) I really related to McLaren's paradigm shift and ways of approaching and naming the issues of prosperity, security and ecosystem. It gave me hope which was quite surprising. Now, I need to finish the book. I didn't come to any conclusions exactly but left with plenty to think about, pray about, and begin to work on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was a good conference with good company!!

Adam said...

I was at the conference as well. And I agree that it was encouraging to be around others who care about these things. A little overwhelming to hear his first couple talks but overall I really appreciated the content of it all.