Friday, February 1, 2008

Changes for the better

The next few days will be a real change of pace for the Socialworker. I'm going to spend Saturday and Sunday with Lawyer Girl and her Virus/Researcher/Scientist fellow which will be a treat. They are getting more committed to each other in their distinctly unusual order of things - looking at houses to buy together. More than anything, I want them to be happy and they truly seem to be. Then it is off to Alamotown to attend a child abuse conference.

The Texan has been so well lately that we have found ourselves cooking dinner together; he is doing the supper dishes, helping bring in groceries, picking up the living room etc. Almost seems like old times, only we are truly appreciating the times we are in. For someone who was supposed to die about three years ago, he is truly my Miracle Man! Although I do need a bit of respite, we were both reluctant to have him go to his daughter's house tonight.

I have been doing a bit of redecorating lately due to some unknown urge. First it was the new bed coverings, then the leather furniture and now, I'm looking at new tables for the living room. What in the world has gotten into me? All I can say is that I have left the beige period behind and am now in a world of burgundy and chocolate--not a bad combination in real life either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for Lawyer Girl - what a treat for all of you.

Love the new house stuff! Maybe it's hope?!

Mary Beth said...

Your home decorating sounds...delicious!!

I tagged you at my place!