Sunday, March 2, 2008

Praying for Guidance

I have come to a realization that I no longer have much enthusiasm for my job, nor does it seem likely that I will regain it. Enthusiasm is necessary since a very important part of the job is to recruit new social workers into working for CPS. I have been highly effective in the past, but not for the last year or so. Although this position pays extremely well and has great flexibility, I do not feel that I am wise to keep on going. I have had several health-related issues in the past 18 months, which seem to indicate that I need to leave the pressure of this behind. On the other hand, I have set my finances up in such a way that I will work for 3-4 more years. My working has allowed me some freedom in that I can afford a caregiver for the Texan 5 mornings a week. I cannot trade the pressure of working for the pressure of having his fulltime care and feeling trapped. That is not good for our marriage. So...what to do? Just naming the problem is a first step. Please pray for guidance for me, and that God will make my path clear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers for you...

Mary Beth said...

Praying over here!