Saturday, July 12, 2008

What A Difference A Day Makes

What a difference a day can make! On Wednesday morning, I was complaining to Tex that I had a large knot on my neck, which kind of seemed to be growing. He INSISTED that I go to the doctor to check it out. So I did. The doctor seemed kind of alarmed by the size and hardness of the knot, told me it could be an infection, lymphoma or leukemia. Needless to say, I didn't like the last two options! He took a blood sample, and said he would call me back on Thursday without fail. Also gave me some antibiotics to take. Although I didn't panic, I didn't want to take any chances, and called in some pretty powerful pray-ers of prayers. Tex's first wife died of misdiagnosed breast cancer and I knew he would worry a lot when I told him what the MD had said. But our relationship is built on trust and honesty and besides, I knew he would worry even more if he felt that I was being less than open with him. So, he worried, my friends and I prayed, and I was really pretty calm through it all. I did not want to tell my kids who are dealing with their father's very real cancer progression.

The next day, the knot was still there in all its glory. No change at all. The doctor told me that the blood tests looked okay but to come in on Friday for a cat scan. By the time I got to his office in the late afternoon the next day, the knot had shrunk some, and he informed me that cancerous glands almost never shrink in size due to antibiotic treatment, and to call him in a week to report in on the size and condition of it then. So, today, it is still hard and painful but quite a bit smaller. Hurrah!

Bud came by yesterday evening to pick up the electric wheelchair we were given some time ago. His dad is getting weaker and can get some use out of it. He left the Littlest Cowpoke. It has been a morning of blueberry pancakes and cartoons here at the Ranchette.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

Thanks be to God!!!