Monday, August 18, 2008

A Man's Definition of Love

Today is my first day back at work. I left early (7 am) to go to Arlington for the contract signing and orientation of students in the new semester. After my 2 week break out of the office I was willing for the new semester to start. Even though classes don't start until next week we always feel like it starts the week before. I feel much more relaxed after the two weeks, remembering that I always needed 3 weeks vacation from CPS in order to go back to work. If I had taken 3 weeks out from the University gig, I think I would be pulling out my hair trying to get back.



The Texan said the sweetest thing to me this morning when I gave him his goodbye kiss and hug, and said "I love you." He said, without opening his eyes, "I know." He said that he knows "because it is like when you know one friend says he is a friend but you can't count on him, but you know that another friend will be right by you if you get into a fight." Tex has been in a real fight for life and health these past 3 years. It is good to know he feels that I have got his back. (Of course he is right there for me whenever I am down or feeling hurt about something.) I think that is a wonderful description of love from a man's point of view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is a very sweet texan!!