Saturday, January 10, 2009

Socialworker's Extreme Home Mess

Painting, painting, painting!!! I remember why I never do do-it-yourself projects in my home...without fail, I come up against something that defeats me, my total ignorance. Tried to start painting the entry wall on Friday but discovered (1) the paint looked cherry red on the wall, no, no, NO! and (2) the wallpaper design showed through. Well, most of you have heard of putting down a primer coat before, but not moi. Then, I was introduced to spackle... Needless to say, several trips back to the hardware store and I have new supplies and new friends in the Paint Department. I will try to actually make some progress on this tonight and tomorrow. Say lots of prayers for me, please!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of prayers - i have sworn to NEVER buy another container of spackle - spackle=work

Anonymous said...

I have named you in an award at my place!!