Friday, January 23, 2009

Thoughts while walking

Well, the first week of school is over. It went pretty well although the Great University expects me to fit 29 students into a room with only 23 chairs! So I had students sitting on the floor - of course, they say they will move more chairs in by next week...

I got a lovely friends tag from Elastigirl which I would love to put on my website, if only I could figure out how. Thanks, EG.

We have had high 70's/low 80's temperatures in Texas in January...very weird! But as I took a walk this morning I was able to contemplate the reality of Love. I hope that my children know that God loves them exactly as they are right now, that they don't have to do anything to earn it. This took me a long time to learn. I know now that love is a free gift that can never be earned-my life with Tex taught me that. The only thing I can do in return is to be appreciative and grateful for it. Some love lasts forever and some love can be killed over time. The love that lasts is to be treasured and the love that dims or dies is to be appreciated for the gifts and lessons that it brought. But the only thing that makes us truly happy is the love that we give and are given.

These are not new or original thoughts but they are life-giving ones when truly absorbed.

No comments: