Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back from Missouri

I enjoyed my quick trip to Missouri where I found my cousin to be more depressed and less tremor-y than I expected. (The tremors are less severe but more constant.) Most heartwarming is the tender care from her husband. Despite the deep depression, even she has noticed it. Most of all, I am tremendously dismayed over the medical care she has gotten. They cut her level of anti-depressant to a dose that would not impact a mouse! She just sits and stares at TV during the day. My priest said that suicide could be described as "death by depression." If the depression is not dealt with, how can she get any better? Meanwhile her husband is trying hard to find services for her in that rural part of Missouri and has an appointment for her with a neuro-psychiatrist in a couple of weeks. Please continue to pray for Elaine and Terry.


The trip made me even more appreciative than ever to be married to Tex. His medical problems are more severe than my cousin's but he was not born with the "depression" gene as are so many in my family. His positive attitude toward life is a great gift and blessing to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to visit - I a sure you were a blessing to them. I love your Klimt on the sidebar - one of my favorite artists!