Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Day After Christmas

It has been one of the happiest Christmases ever! More relaxed, and less stressed. Lots of time spent with family, with the whole family, all the kids and grandkids, and even the Beautiful Daughter-in-Law's (aka BDIL) extended family on Christmas Eve. The Texan and I went to Midnight Mass at Annunciation this year, the first year since he has been sick. Then, after a whole 5 hours of sleep, down to Big D to spend Christmas morning with the Littlest Grandson, Computer King, and BDIL, along with the LG's other grandparents. When we came home, we finally had time to open our gifts, then Lawyer Girl and I took a nap. The Texan, who had loved every minute of the celebrations, went to bed for 18 hours! It truly has been one of the happiest holiday's I can remember.

Today we are moving slowly and planning to relax A LOT! Our Wonderful Neighbor came over for morning coffee, I do have to go back to Dallas to retrieve my purse, and then the Texan and I are not planning to do much at all. After all, Santa brought me two great books to read. Do you think he knows my addiction to the written word?

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Santa is very very smart!!

Glad you had a good Christmas and got some rest!

Anonymous said...

collecting lots of hand-me-downs for the grandson - it was a treat to see y'all!!