Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Times, They Are A-Changing

Our church's pastoral group met at our house yesterday as it usually does so, once a month. Our number was down one-third due to illness in several members. But our discussion was lively and, I found, enlivening.

We talked about the strategic planning process and what the church may look like in the coming years. I feel strongly called to the strategic planning process, and I am hopeful about the upcoming years in my beloved parish. Most importantly, I find that I want to become more active again. The past three or four years have been consumed by the Texan's health issues, but they seem to have stabilized the past 6 months or so.

I am excited about attending the upcoming conference, "Everything Must Change." This is very odd, since I am someone who hates changes. But my life is changing as I can see the end of full-time employment coming up in the next 4 years; our far-sighted Rector says he is only staying for the next 5 years; both the Texan and I have had to deal with significant health issues this year which have made it clear that we are entering into another stage of life, both together and seperately. I am beginning to feel guided into a direction instead of feeling like I am in limbo or just struggling to stay afloat. Maybe changes can actually be good, she said hopefully.

No comments: