Thursday, April 17, 2008

More Rain

Tex came home from the hospital on Sunday, proceeding to be the worst he has been in years that night. Delusional, unable to walk straight, up several times in the night, falling etc. One of the problems is that the dad-blamed hospital decided to reduce his amount of IV fluid the night before and didn't tell anyone. So they sent him home from the hospital dehydrated! I got caretakers for all this week, 8 hours a day, but have tried to manage him myself at night. (24 hour care is just prohibitively expensive.) He has come back some, has periods of clarity, and is joking again but is still unable to walk much. He is really trying to cooperate and is drinking about 90 ozs. of water a day. How can he go down that much that quickly?

It is getting to the end of the semester for me, so lots of papers to grade etc. My friends have been terrific, calling to check on me, bringing food etc. Exhaustion seems to be my middle name right now, since I sleep lightly, listening to see when and if he gets up. Please keep him in your prayers. big time!

No comments: