Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am so grateful this morning

Today is a day for feeling grateful. Some of the bits of grace are:

*Tex is safely in a rehab facility very close to home. He isn't happy but understands that he needs to be stronger to comer home.
*The Ex who is extremely ill with terminal cancer called to check on Tex and me. Ex has always been part of my life since I was 17. We have raised the kids together (who are now in their 30's) and have remained part of each other's family all through remarriage and moves. I am going to miss him dreadfully when the cancer finally wins. Please pray for Scott and Gail; they are going through incredibly difficult times. They are nonbelievers and I cannot imagine facing death with no secure knowledge of life after death. They are good people with a great support system and need and welcome prayers and positive thoughts.
*Today the students in my class do presentations so I do not have to prepare a lecture.
*A cool front has come through so the weather is nice and crisp. Fall is always one of my favorite seasons.
*The tiny Tibetan Terrorist has forgiven me and slept with me last night.
*Even better, I can take both dogs up to the rehab center to visit with Tex.
*I voted yesterday. I am incredibly grateful to live in a country where we can choose our rulers. Although I have a definite preference for one candidate, both candidates are good men who want to serve their country well.
*I have great kids and stepkids who support us all, as well as an incredible church family.

I feel truly blessed today.