Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Moving along

Well, the Texan finally came back to reality Monday morning, flashing his bright brown eyes, and cracking jokes. This was a real change from Friday through Sunday when he stopped being able to walk, talk, or stay awake. So this time I took him to the Better Hospital in this area, where they decided that he had a concussion or a swelling of the spinal cord from his fall. Although he is now alert, he needs help in being able to balance, walk, get up out of chairs, eat, etc. with his broken arm and the deterioration in his lower limbs. So he is off to Rehab for a couple or three weeks, just until he can manage at home.

Little Bit aka Dolly the 7 lb Tibetan Terrorist is REALLY unhappy with me because Tex is not home. Athough she normally sleeps with Tex, she refuses to sleep with me, goes back into her kennel at night and glares at me because he isn't home. That ball of fluff sure can hold a grudge!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about improvements - Mrs. Brit keeps me informed also. You both have been in my prayers - I'll have to add the pups!! love to you -

Mary Beth said...

Thanks be to God! That is great, great news. Hope you got him into the rehab you wanted, and sorry for the sad pup. :(

Love!