Friday, October 26, 2007

It's Been a Week!

I feel like I have been running in a track and field meet this whole week! First, I took my first adventure away from home since my major medical event. Flew to San Antonio for a conference regarding my Title IV-E contract, spent a blessedly quiet night in a hotel, then drove to Austin to stay with Lawyer Girl and meet her Virus Researcher/Scientist Guy. VR/S Guy is quite cute, very social, and a lot of fun...not at all my idea of a research geek. He and Lawyer Girl definitely have the same kind of humor and are really cute together. They drove me back home, then went on to meet #1 Son and his family and go to the State Fair. Mercifully, I stayed at home with the Texan. Of course, we then drove into Big D the next morning, so the Texan could meet VR/S Guy. I think I slept the rest of the weekend.

Taught an extra practicum class on Monday, as well as my own classes. Also did several doctor visits for Tex and me, plus the beginning of my physical therapy, Hallelujah! Now I get to drive to Arlington (40 miles away) to deal with one of my students who is being terminated from her practicum, for good cause, I might add. Then, hopefully, will get my car back from the shop, turn in the rental car, and grade 90 papers this weekend. Whew! I must be getting better, just to survive this week. This fatigue factor is getting to be a real drag! But the neuro says the brain will retrain itself in a few months; I can hardly wait for it.

No comments: