Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rejoining the World

I found myself profoundly glad to be at the women's knitting group after church today. I have missed the company of women in my life. I spend so much time being the caregiver and wife that I miss out on social events. This afternoon was low-key and very enjoyable. I found myself wistful that the Texan and I were not included in the party and the small group that were talked about but realize that I am too much of a introvert to be part of these groups. The Pastoral Care group is very enriching and supportive for me, and that is probably all that I can take on. Even came home to find the Texan had taken out the kitchen trash!

During my haircut and color with the new stylist, I learned a lot about the Muslim society and customs for women. She is a very interesting lady who was born into a Muslim family, came to America, was divorced, and became a Christian. She had not been back to see her family for 18 years, until last year. She was literally afraid for her life. She said that if a Muslim changes religion, "Their blood is free." Anyone can kill them without fear of reprisal. Dear God! What a society! What courage to become a Christian! I was profoundly moved by her story.

No comments: