Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Kinship Fair

I went to the Kinship Fair put on by CPS in Denton this morning. It was a beautiful, crisp, sunshine-y day, with lots of kids and adults at the various booths. I really enjoyed seeing some of my old students there. Some of my current students are volunteering for class credit. Lots of hugs from CPS friends. Today was the first inkling of enthusiasm that I have had for my work since the stroke.

The fatigue and lack of serotonin have been getting me down lately. More and more, I consider retiring early at 62. I could do it but I would just be increasing more caregiving for letting go of the paid work. I don't see a reduction in my workload either way and what I really want is a nice long temporary break from responsibility.
Ordinarily, I love my job and love having the Texan be at home. Oh well, it is too pretty a day for a pity party.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I have enjoyed reading your posts here - I am assuming CPS is child protective services??

My early retirement would be at age 60 - as a public school teacher I will take it a day at a time from then on!